For those of you with a Barclaycard in the UK, an interesting offer popped through my mailbox this week (yes, I’m waaaay behind on posts).
The offer is pretty simple – Every 11th ride you charge to your Barclaycard, the ride is free up to the value of £15.
To make this work, you will need to link your UK Barclaycard to your Uber account. Perhaps the best news is this runs through to the end of 2017, so there’s plenty of time to take advantage of the offer.
There are terms and conditions that apply. In particular:
- Applies to UK Barclaycard Personal customers.
- Barclaycard must be set as the payment method in the Uber app for all rides.
- There must be a charge to the card for the ten rides prior to the promotional ride.
- Any excess amount will be charged to your eligible card.
- Any unused value does not roll over.
- Your free ride can only take place in the UK
- Must be linked directly to your Barclaycard (eg not via PayPal, ApplePay, AndroidPay, etc).
The full terms are at https://newsroom.uber.com/uk/barclaycard-tc/ – and are worth a check.
But how does it work in practice? I had to get my car serviced this week (and that wasn’t pleasant t0 any of my wallets) – so I took Uber back and forth to the garage…. and it pretty much tracks your progress:
It’s not a compelling reason to take out a UK-based Barclaycard (I have one out of convenience), but it gives a reasonable reason to use that card over another for Uber rides.
And if you haven’t signed up for Uber already, please consider signing up using my referral link – https://www.uber.com/invite/ubereclassandbeyond.
By using the link above, you’ll also support this blog (and this writer who will one day need a discounted ride). Thank you for your consideration and support!
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.