Viva Las BAcon! Tick Tock, Tick Tock – an express connection in Chicago
- Viva Las BACon! The second spin of the roulette wheel
- Heading to Birmingham Airport, EI277 Birmingham Airport – Dublin Airport
- HOTEL: Bewleys Hotel, Dublin Airport
- The DAA Lounge, Dublin Airport
- BA831 Dublin Airport – London Heathrow Terminal 1
- An Easy Heathrow Transit and the British Airways Galleries First Lounge
- BA295 London Heathrow Terminal 5 to Chicago O’Hare International
- Tick Tock, Tick Tock – an express connection in Chicago
- AA55 Chicago O’Hare International T3 to Las Vegas McCarran International
- HOTEL: MGM Grand
- HOTEL: Mandalay Bay and BAcon
- One Time Exception: The High Roller
- HOTEL: Luxor
- One Time Exception: A Nighttime walk down an every changing strip
- Back to McCarran Airport, The American Express Centurion Lounge
- AA1239 Las Vegas McCarran International – Dallas Fort Worth
- A quick rush across Dallas Fort Worth
- AA78 Dallas Fort Worth – London Heathrow Terminal 3
- Transit again, The British Airways Terminal 1 Domestic Lounge
- BA831 London Heathrow Terminal 1 – Dublin Airport
- Irish Transit, The Aer Lingus Gold Circle Lounge
- EI276 Dublin Airport to Birmingham Airport
- Another lovely slice of BAcon
With a dash out of the plane, it was a quick walk down the ramp, where there were orange Express Connection ticket jacket holders out there… including one for me.
Grabbing it, I headed towards immigration.
There were two choices – option 1 was to queue up with the big immigration queue. Considering that four planes were arriving at once, this could have been very troublesome (and definitely making me miss my connection). The alternative was the One Stop Express Clearance, which as I had not hold luggage – I could use.
I queued up for the Express Clearance, and it was about 10 minutes to be seen (because one agent was working the queue).
After the usual entrance questions, my passport was stamped, my customs card was cleared, and I was sent on my way – where I popped up at the far end of arrivals at O’Hare.
Now, whilst that was easy, the connection clock was ticking away.
It was a quick run up to the to the O’Hare Airport Transit System, where I jumped aboard a departing train.
From there, it was a ride to Terminal 3 (the next stop), with more running across a bridge and down into the terminal – where the Express Connections queue entrance was. I was waved through, and headed to the joy of the TSA.
And the TSA were full of joy.
After completing my patdown and collecting my items, it was a case of checking where the plane was going.
O’Hare K/H Gates
In the terminal.
With the plane going from the K gates, it was another walk down the American Airlines hall of flags.
A quick dash, and I was at the gate, where boarding was in full swing. Heading into the priority lane, my pass was scanned – and I was let through
One more walk down the jetbridge, and onto the waiting Boeing 737-800.
Jetbridge to Jetbridge. 40 minutes. FLAT.
Sometimes, the impossible does happen.
Next: American Airlines 55: Chicago O’Hare to Las Vegas.
It’s all change next week as GhettoIFE becomes Economy Class and Beyond! Follow me on Twitter at @EconomyBeyond for the latest updates!