Believe it or not, there are actually are competitors to Uber. Yes. I know. To some of you this is a shock. But there are other transportation services around.
One of those is Hailo – who have teamed up with British Airways to offer Avios.
There team-up is resulting in a bonus 1,000 Avios when you use Hailo for the first time.
In addition, Hailo will offer:
- 1 Avios per pound spent with Hailo
- 100 Bonus Avios if you use Hailo for an airport transfer between London and London Heathrow Airport, London Gatwick Airport, London City Airport, Luton Airport or Stansted Aiirport
The sign up offer is for new users of Hailo only, whilst the bonus earnings for Airport transfers are available to all.
It’s not that hard to take part. According to Halio
- Download the Hailo app and tap on the 3 lines icon in the upper left corner to open your Hailo ac
- Tap ‘Name’ and confirm your ‘first name’ and ‘last name’ are entered correctly. Your name details here must exactly match that of your British Airways Executive Club membership profile to receive Avios. Confirm your name details by tapping ‘Submit’
- From the ‘Profile’ screen tap on ‘British Airways Exec Club’.
- Enter the 8 numbers of your British Airways Executive Club and submit – you’re done!
Note you must be in London and have the latest version of the app to take part in the promotion (because the whole of the UK revolves around London. By the by, other cities, towns, villages exist).
If you’re in London and want and easy 1000 Avios for a taxi ride, this is a good way of getting them. Also, it gives options for those of you who don’t want to use Uber.
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.