Well, another week has been and gone at Economy Class and Beyond. Let’s take a quick look what’s caught my eye this week, and what I wrote about.
- Joon to introduce “CosyJoon” family seats – Apparently Millenials have children. How can the passenger experience improve for them… and will the idea work?
Routes and Network news
- Qatar Airways up-gauges Frankfurt route to A380 operations
- Media reports say Virgin Atlantic is after FlyBe… – And I still think this is the worst idea ever.
- Wizz Air lines up a new base at Krakow – 12 new routes announced – The joy of Wizz as it it expands…
A rather busy week to say the least
- Jeju Air signs for up to 50 Boeing 737 MAX aircraft
- EasyJet converts 17 options into Airbus A320neo aircraft
- Not covered – Caribbean Airlines opts for Boeing 737 MAX family
Yes. We still talk about trains a lot at Economy Class and Beyond. Mainly as they form an important part of the multi-modal mix getting from A to B.
- Brightline to become Virgin Trains USA – One can only hope this will be more like the UK West Coast operation, and not the East Coast or CrossCountry operation…
- CDG Express operator confirmed… as are the ticket costs… – And be prepared to open your wallet to use it
Points and miles
- Qatar Airways offering up to Quadruple Privilege Club Qmiles! – Because everyone loves bonus miles
Real World Traveller Reports
I’ve finished up the Lufthansa Flying Lab and APEX Expo trip report (providing my automatic publishing tools worked), and hopefully everything has reached the published point.
- The APEX Expo and Lufthansa Flying Lab – What you might have missed
- Back to Boston Airport
- LH423 Boston to Frankfurt (PREMIUM ECONOMY – Boeing 747-8i)
- The joy of Frankfurt Airport
- LH924 Frankfurt to London Heathrow aboard an Airbus A320neo
- Train? Thataway.
- The Outlook for the next six months
We’ll be looking at the ups and downs – as well as the new things that are happening in the industry. We’ll also be kicking off the last of the Summer/Autumn 2018 trip reports. Stay tuned!
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.