It’s that time again, where we look back at a rather quiet week at Economy Class and Beyond – mainly thanks to the Christmas and New Year Holidays.
- A Christmas Miracle – United Airlines to rotate Stroopwafels back into its snack basket – Stroopwafels return. Do I need to type more?
- Swiss to expand it’s Geneva A220 network for summer 2019 – Working the A220 fleet harder.
- flyadeal lands a deal with Boeing for 30 Boeing 737 MAX aircraft – and Airbus will smart after that loss…
- WOW to trim its fleet further – four aircraft to go to Air Canada – The incredibly shrinking airline
- The A319neo with LEAP-1A Engines gets certified.. but who is left to buy it? – Answers on a postcard please.
- Gatwick Airport partially sold off – A penny made for Global Investment Partners, but what next for the passenger?
Real World Experiences
A rather festive and short trip report kicks off, with Train vs Plane – The Brussels Christmas Edition as I pit Eurostar in Standard Premier vs British Airways in Club Europe.
- The Brussels/Christmas Edition
- Early Morning Trains to London and St Pancras International
- Eurostar ES9116 London St Pancras to Brussels Midi, STANDARD PREMIER
- Crowne Plaza Le Place
- Enjoying time in Brussels and Leuven
- Off to Trainworld, Brussels
- Airplane Art – Qatar Airways Airbus A350-900 climbing out of Manchester Airport
- Merry Christmas from Economy Class and Beyond – Well, it’s still Christmas isn’t it?
Thank you for sticking around during this quiet week. As the world continues to slumber as we head into the new year, I’ll be wrapping up Train vs Plane as well as keeping an eye on the news feeds… and what madness the airlines are considering.
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.