We’ve come to the end of another week at Economy Class and Beyond, and it’s time to look back at some of the fun we’ve been reporting on this week
- KLM to end tax-free sales aboard their services – It seems the aggressive airport sales and online shopping is sounding the death knell for KLM’s on-board duty-free
- Swiss to launch Premium Economy Product in 2021 – Swiss International Air Lines is joining the rest of the Lufthansa family with a Premium Economy product.
Routes and Networks
- Emirates to double London Stansted flights – Emirates will offer 11 daily flights between Dubai and the London region from July onwards.
- Ryanair Sun to rebrand as Buzz – Welcome back Buzz (after a 15 year break).
New Aircraft News
- Lufthansa Group orders Boeing 787s and A350s – The first orders from Lufthansa Group for the Boeing 787-9, whilst adding more A350s. Dig a little, and it’s going to be interesting where these planes end up…
British Airways Retrojets
- British Airways to launch its fourth retrojet – Welcome Negus! – The British Airways livery of my childhood
Widebodies and short routes
I begin closing up my Widebodies and Short routes trip report – and experience British Airways First for the first time.
- Widebodies and Short Routes – Exploring a bit of Madrid
- Back to Barajas and the Iberia Lounges
- Widebodies and Short Routes – BA461 Madrid to London Heathrow (Club Europe/BA FIRST)
- To the trains!
I’ll be wrapping up the Widebodies and Short routes trip report as well as resuming the Canon EOS R series, as it turns to a much more serious tool, as well as news from the frequent flyer and aviation world.
Until then – Happy Landings!
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.