We’ve reached the point of the week where it’s time to look back at the events, happenings and life, the universe and everything – Last Week at Economy Class and Beyond
Continuing my series “through an iPhone Xs as I spend my Saturdays in Biringham City Centre (and forgetting I need to shoot a photo for the blog), here we have a Lime green phone box – not the normal red ones inside Selfridges.
Paris Air Show
It’s been an interesting week at Le Bourget at the Paris Air Show, with order numbers down, but two bits of news that shook up the industry – the formal launch of the Airbus A321XLR and the IAG order for Boeing 737 MAX aircraft. I’m still chewing over some of the implications – but for now, here’s your list of daily digests:
- Paris Air Show 2019 Daily Digest – Day One
- Paris Air Show Digest – Day 2
- Paris Air Show 2019 Day 3 – Daily Digest – The rise of the XLR
- Paris Air Show 2019 Daily Digest – Day 4 – Last minute orders
Business of aviation
- Delta Air Lines goes shopping… and buys a bit of Korean Air – It seems Delta wanted something more than five Airbus A220 aircraft… and instead, brought a bit of an airline
Routes and networks
- Qantas to launch Brisbane – Chicago and San Francisco Routes! More Ultra Long Haul routes. For those who need them, it’ll save time. But with 16 hours plus in a carbon fiber tube….
- Singapore Airlines A380 first interior refitted – With SIA and Airbus working together, older A380 aircraft have been brought up to the newest interiors.
It’s been a week of delays and slow edits here – mainly as this week I’ve been rather busy in the real world setting up a new office… which rather burns you out when unpacking 205 monitors, cabling, looking at switches and pondering the meaning of life.
Next week looks a little quieter – so hopefully, I’ll be back with more news from the passenger experience, deliveries and oddities that interest me.
Until then, happy landings!
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.