It’s once again that time of the week where I post a bunch of links, add some witty commentary and try and get ready for the next week on this blog.
Yes, it’s Last Week at Economy Class and Beyond
- Combine Avios – An easy guide to merge Aer Club and BA Exec Account Balances – A useful guide for those who have random Avios balances elsewhere, and need to merge them into one account.
New Aircraft News
- Air Transat deploys its A321LR to London Gatwick – The LR NEO enters the Gatwick Matrix. Red or Blue Pill time?
- ATR formally launches the ATR42-600S programme – Want an aircraft that can fill upto 42 passengers which can operate on a runway of 800 or greater? ATR has you covered
- Airbus delivers the 1000th A320neo family aircraft to IndiGo – 1000 NEO’s in The Matrix now.
Routes and Networks
- Finnair adds Helsinki – Tokyo Haneda – Finnair adds Haneda to its network. Depending on where you’re staying in the Tokyo region that could be a benefit… or a curse.
- airBaltic expands its network – welcomes Manchester, Yerevan – airBaltic continues to flex it’s Airbus A220-300 fleet in different directions.
- Norwegian plans Transatlantic service increases for Summer 2020 – Good news if you’re wanting to fly Norwegian for Summer 2020 with a lot of routes getting more frequenices.
Trip Report – Summer Premium Adventures
This trip report is speeding up a little with the publishing behind it. We’ve got another couple of weeks with this – so work with me as we should be getting back to QSuites soon enough…
- The Intercontinental Singapore, Bugis
- The National Orchid Garden, Singapore
- To Changi, The Jewel and the Pokemon Centre
- Scoot TR604 Singapore to Bangkok
Trip Report – An Irish Aviation Enthusiasts day out
It’s time to kick off this short and sweet trip report. And yes… I wrote this well in advance of completing the other one. How that works, some let me know please..
- An Irish Aviation Enthusiasts day out – with Dublin Airport, Irish Ferries and Aer Lingus
- Night Train to Holyhead
- Holyhead to Dublin Ferryport aboard M/V Ulysses (Club Class)
- Exploring Dublin Early in the Morning
I’m in the process of ramping up to my next big US Trip at the moment as well as getting more than a few pressure deadlines in the real world. As such, I’ll be trying to keep the articles flowing over the weekend – but there may be more than a few hiccups depending on what time I get to actually do anything.
I do have some nice preprepared content too (in the form of two on-going trip reports), so there will be some content.
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.