Another week has passed us and the world has been a busy place. Let’s look back Last Week at Economy Class and Beyond.
This week in photos from Birmingham, I present “I was stuck outside the office thanks to a fire alarm at 5 pm in the evening”, is the business district of Birmingham- Colmore Row, in a wonderful purple and pink sunset.
Airlines have been taking action this week to cut back flights to China, with suspensions left, right and centre. In addition, some territories are now rejecting access of foreign nationals to their countries if they have been to the country. PLEASE EXERCISE CAUTION.
- Airlines pull flights to China (including British Airways and Finnair)
- Virgin Atlantic suspends services to China
- Qantas, Air New Zealand, American Airlines and Qatar Airways suspend services
- LATAM to exit oneworld on the 1st May – A swift exit for oneworld for LATAM as it gets friendlier with Delta.
Routes and Networks
- Emirates adds Penang to its network – A new fifth-freedom flight for Emirates
New Aircraft News
- SkyWest signs for Embraer E175 aircraft – Comfortable regional jets on the way to SkyWest
- Northern Rail by Arriva to be nationalised – Another franchise stripping – In not totally unexpected news, Northern Rail by Arriva is due to have its franchise stripped.
The Ballad of the Airbus A380
- ANA’s third flying Honu revealed… in Orange! – It’s also going to be one of the last A380s to be delivered to another customer than Emirates.
A Modelling Day out
Time to bring this adventure to an end sadly, as we wrap up the story.
- Experiencing Mobility Arrival Services at Heathrow and back up the M40
- Sometimes, The Best Adventures are Shared
Chaos and unruliness continue to rule my land still, with me trying to work out what’s happening in the real world. I do have a few things on the cook in the background on the blog (as well as a ticket to the USA to sort out).
Plus we need to have a discussion about Ryanair and how they do seating. It makes some airlines look rather pedestrian in their up-selling.
Until then – safe travels readers!
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.