Finnair is extending cuts in its network due to the Human Malware that is impacting travel – this time exteding them to Seoul, Busan (South Korea) and Oaska (Japan)
Finnair is cancelling some of its flight between Helsinki and Osaka and Seoul. In addiiton the new route to Busan which was due to start has been postpoed until the end of June 2020.
The cancelled flights are:
- Flights AY67/68 to Osaka (Tuesday and Saturday) and from Osaka (Wednesday and Sunday) between 31 March and 17 October 2020. We continue to operate all other flights between Helsinki and Osaka normally.
- Flights AY41/42 to/from Seoul between 09 March and 16 April 2020
- Flights to/from Busan until the end of June. Flights to Busan will start on 1 July 2020.
If you’re affected, Finnair will be contacting you directly via SMS or Email. If you want to be proactive, head to the Finnair Manage My Book page, or head to the to ensure your details are up-to-date.
The airline is offering various options – in that You can change your travel until 30 June 2020 when your destination is Osaka or Seoul, 30th September if travelling to Busan, Re-route or apply for a refund
And don’t forget about China and Hong Kong
Finnair is also hit badly out of China and Hong Kong, with the airline updating its gudiance for these areas:
- All flights to/from Beijing Capital Airport, Shanghai, Beijing Daxing, Nanjing, Guangzhou and Xi’an until the end of April 2020.
- AY102/101 flights between Helsinki and Hong Kong until the end of April 2020. We continue to operate flights AY099/100 between Helsinki and Hong Kong normally.
In addition, the airline has made further changes to its booking policy. If you have a Finnair ticket for travel on 4-31 March 2020, you can postpone your travel until 30 June 2020 with no extra cost.
This doesn’t apply to Finnair Holidays, Aurinkomatkat (Suntours) and other tour operators’ customers.
A large exposure
Finnair has made a big thing in the past being an time-saving way to get from Europe to Asia. Sadly, their exposure China is big, as well as Asia – with the airline connecting China, Japan, Thailand, Singapore and Vietnam.
For the airline, there’s going to be a need to consider re-deploying equipment whilst the airline’s network his hobbled.
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.