I hope you had a pleasant week. I know I did as I was doing things other than being at the office and having a few days away from the keyboard. Welcome to Last Week at Economy Class and Beyond.
A sunny moment on Friday at Cathedral Square, Birmingham. Although the amount of time I dodged rain this week was numerous and many.
It’s been quiet this week
- A personal note from your editor and writer – Yes. I had some time off.
UK Travel Corridors go live
- UK “Travel Bridges” go into effect – Countries you can return from without having to Quarantine – For those wanting to get away, without the joy of quarantine on return to the United Kingdom – good news. The new corridors went live on Friday 10th.
Airplane Art Week
Yes, it was a week of Airplane Art. It was fun going through the archive for stuff I haven’t posted before. Maybe I should do this more often…
- All Nippon Airways Boeing 787-9 at Kuala Lumpur International Airport
- airBerlin Airbus A330-200 at Chicago O’Hare International Airport
- US Airways Airbus A321 arriving at Phoenix Sky Harbour Airport
- United Airlines Boeing 777-200ER at San Francisco International Airport
- Lufthansa Boeing 737-300 landing at Frankfurt Airport
- Virgin Atlantic Boeing 787-9 parked at London Heathrow Airport
Things I haven’t covered
- LEVEL France (Openskies) bites the dust it seems.
- Hi-Fly converts their A380 into a freighter.
- Emirates adds Boston, Los Angeles and Sao Paulo back.
- Eurostar takes its direct return Amsterdam to London route one step closer with treaties signed.
I’m moving a little further afield with my job, but hopefully, I’ll able to spend the quiet time in the evening writing and catching up on events in the frequent flyer and passenger experience space as the new normal settles in.
Until we meet again – stay safe!
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.