It’s Sunday again and we’re in a new year. Must be time for me to ramble more in Last Week at Economy Class and Beyond
We’re continuing with a weekly photo from my travels (or lack of thereafter), least of all, it’s forcing me out of the house to exercise occasionally. Welcome to Tier 4 life in Birmingham City Centre, with the crowds gone and those out to walk or gather supplies (shot yesterday evening).
First up – apologies for the lack of posts since New Year’s Day. I’ve been taking a step back and enjoying a few days of rest before I head back into the melee of office life on Monday. As such, I slept. I watched a lot YouTube, Thunderbirds are Go, Doctor Who and spent the time trying to get my body ready for life back in the fast lane.
As such, things are a little light this week.
Tier 4 Life
- Most of England to move into Tier 4 Lockdown, with travel impacted – Thanks, Boris.
- Travel Restrictions for people travelling from the United Kingdom – I’m in the process of updating it over the day – expect a big update later this evening.
The less said about 2020, the better. However, a look-back from my perspective.
- Luton Airport partners with Collinson to offer COVID-19 testing – a new testing option at Luton Airport, with four different testing options
All Change at Heathrow Express
- Heathrow Express bids farewell to the Class 332, Hello Class 387 – Goodbye old trains, hello “new” ones.
- Emirates formally unveils its Premium Economy product – Emirates new Premium Economy product breaks cover, with one plane configured with the product. But, it’s not going where it’s needed – the Boeing 777 fleet
Routes and Networks
- Wizz Air Abu Dhabi to launch on 15th January – It’s brave to start up a new airline. In these times, very brave.
- British Airways Boeing 747-400 “Negus” – A retro Boeing 747 to round out the year.
As the world comes back to work after the Christmas and New Year break, questions still remain over travel, the future and how some airlines will survive. And no doubt, my press release inbox will start filling up again. Until then, I’ll keep an eye on the changes in the aviation world.
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.