It’s Easter Sunday for those who celebrate it – but it’s still a Sunday – so it must be time for Last Week at Economy Class and Beyond
Over The Leasowes , Halesowen. This week has been more than a little light on coverage – mainly as I was due to be on leave. Rather, I ended up spending most of my time in the office. Such wonderful times.
Innovation in the Cabin – The Crystal Cabin Awards
- Looking at the Innovation: The winners of the Crystal Cabin Awards 2021 – Whilst I might not be in Hamburg this year due to… reasons, the Crystal Cabin Awards team put on a great virtual show.
- UK Government Red List Extended – four new countries added – Philippines, Pakistan Kenya Bangladesh to join Red List from 9th April
New Aircraft News
- Southwest Airlines orders 100 Boeing 737 MAX, options for 155 more – A vote of confidence for the 737 MAX programme
Alliances, Routes and Networks
- Alaska Airlines formally joins oneworld – Alaska Airlines joins oneworld after a short 8 month wait. Look out for redemptions in your frequent flyer programme.
- easyJet to launch five new services from Birmingham Airport – Five new summer sun destinations out of BHX
- Emirates and flyDubai to offer Double Tier points – If you can take advantage of it, Emirates and flyDubai have an excellent double tier point earning offer
- Travel Technology: Chromecast with Google TV – If you require a media streamer, this could be a good one to play with
We’re on a four-day week next week, with Easter Monday being a bank holiday in England. None the less, we’ll be continuing with our coverage and the day to day happenings.
Until then, have a peaceful Easter. Mask up and stay safe out there.
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research, as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.
Also remember that we are part of the BoardingArea community, bringing you the latest frequent flyer news from around the world.