It’s Sunday again, so it must be time for Last Week at Economy Class and Beyond.
The USA Reopens
For a lot of people, one of the worlds biggest travel markets has re-opened. It’s now down to airlines to build the traffic, whilst gaining premium-paying passengers. Because Economy Class passengers won’t pay those fuel and wage bills in the long term.
- British Airways and Virgin Atlantic to celebrate US border changes, by conducting a simultaneous take-off
- Qatar Airways A380s return… for now – Qatar Airways is in a huff, as it deploys aircraft it has.
Routes and Networks
- Finnair aims for growth with its summer 2022 timetable – Lots of destinations… and Dallas-Fort Worth.
- Iberia to add three North American destinations for Summer 2022 – Oh, Dallas Fort-Worth Again. JBA expansion anyone?
- Scoot expands its long haul offering – with a London to Bangkok service! – You can catch Scooties… with the oddest timetable launch around.
Stuttgart Trip Report
Some hotels this week to keep you amused – least of all, a hotel that would make some of the ones featured on “Hotel Hell” blush.
- Into Germany, Novum Hotel Rieker Stuttgart Hauptbahnhof – Worst. Hotel. Ever.
- Off to Schwabisch Hall, qubixx Stattmitte Hotel – This is a lot better.
A pair of announcements about alternative power, but nothing about electrification.
- Hitachi Rail, Angel Trains and Transpennine Express work to create intercity battery hybrid train – one wants to do to batteries…
- Alstom and Eversholt Rail to develop a Hydrogen-powered train – … whilst the other wants to do hydrogen
- British Airways Executive Club/Avios Member? Remember – Systems down for maintenance shortly… – To offline, to wait as a platform upgrade commences.
The Dubai Air Show is kicking off this week. And as you can guess, I’m still grounded as my leg continues to heal (because there is no way heck I could pound the chalets of a show-floor at the moment – there is madness, then there is stupidity).
I’ll be keeping an eye on the commercial aviation orders that escape the show – which should give a bell-weather of the state of the market.
On top of that, I’ll be unveiling a lot of things from Recaro next week,
Until then – happy landings!
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, featuring in-depth coverage, unique research, as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.
Also remember that we are part of the BoardingArea community, bringing you the latest frequent flyer news from around the world.