It’s that time of the week again – even as we go into the new year, it’s time for a double-edition of Last Week at Economy Class and Beyond.
Yes. I’ve rather enjoyed having most of this week off. I built Lego Flowers with a friend for some of it. And yes, it’s an 18+ model with 756 fiddly bits. I swear I had better coordination when I was younger…
- REVIEW 2021: My Year in Travel (or still not a lot of it)
- REVIEW 2021: Well had more ups and downs than some rollercoasters
- Holiday Gift Travel Technology – Budget gifts for the tech-inclined – Well, now the holidays are almost over, you can shop for yourself now…
- Singapore suspends new VTL entries temporarily – Will reopen soon. Those with valid VTL’s can travel at least.
New Aircraft News
- ATR Aircraft deliver its 1600th aircraft to Air New Zealand – 1,600 up for ATR Aircraft.
- UPS orders 19 767 Boeing 767-300F freighter aircraft – More 767-300F aircraft on the way.
- Recaro Aircraft Seating supplies Cebu Pacific’s Airbus A330-900neo seats – It’s a lot of seats, that meet a particular market.
Routes and Networks
- Wizz Air to boost connectivity out of Gatwick Airport from March onwards – but how long will the routes last?
- Rail fares in England to rise by 3.8% from March – Considering the strikes and drop in operational services, it’s more than a little rich this year.
- Limited access to Heathrow Airport by Rail and Tube over Christmas – You won’t be able to use the Underground to get to Heathrow until Monday…
- SWISS Airbus A330-300 climbing out of Zurich Airport
- ITA Airways unveiled its first painted Airbus A320 – It’s blue.
- SWISS Boeing 777-300ER taking off from Zurich Airport
We’ll be easing into the news cycle next week, as CES kicks off and the rest of the world comes back from two weeks of peace. Suffice to say, there’ll be plenty on the agenda everywhere – so it’s going to be one to watch as we dive into the new year.
Until then, Stay safe out there!
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, featuring in-depth coverage, unique research, as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.
Also remember that we are part of the BoardingArea community, bringing you the latest frequent flyer news from around the world.