Following on from Emirates, Etihad Airways have introduced their own top level programme – Gold Elite.
To get Gold Elite you’ll need to fly in 12 months:
125,000 tier miles
60 tier segments
For flying that many miles, you’ll get the following benefits:
– 75% bonus miles (up from 50% of the current Gold tier),
– Access to the Etihad’s Diamond first class check-in desks regardless of booking class
– Access to Etihad’s lounges for themselves and a guest, regardless of the class of travel.
– Nomination of a friend or family member to get a complimentary Etihad Guest Gold card.
– Abilty to purchase a Pearl Class business seat for any flight when booking up to 48 hours before the plane departs.
So the benefits pretty much are the same as the Emirates programme.
If you’re traveling the long distances with Eithad and Emirates… It boils down to the network that suits you best, and who’s sears you prefer over what distance.