The Five Yen of Happiness! Dinner with The real_jetsetr!
- I give in – I need a break (Introduction)
- To Heathrow and The BA Galleries North Lounge
- BA902 London Heathrow to Frankfurt Airport in Club Europe
- Bumbling around Frankfurt Airport with random #AVGeek spotting
- Meeting the A350 and the Air Canada Lounge
- Qatar Airways QR068 Frankfurt to Doha
- The joy of Hamad International Airport, and The Oryx Rotana Hotel
- Qatar Airways Flight QR812 Doha to Tokyo Haneda
- The Hotel JAL City Haneda Tokyo
- Shikansen Adventures to Hiroshima!
- Time in Hiroshima (featuring the ANA Crowne Plaza Hiroshima)
- Hirosihima – 70 years on
- A day trip to Itsukushima
- More Shinkansen fun to Kyoto (Featuring Kyoto Tower Hotel)
- A trip up to Fushimi Inari Taisha Shrine
- Dinner with The real_jetsetr!
- The JR Central SC Maglev and Rail Museum
- Shinkansen to Tokyo
- The Strings by InterContinental
- Cheap evening – From the Tokyo Metropolitan Building
- The JR East Railway Museum, Saitama
- Shibuya nights
- Akihabara Days
- Gotta Catch them All! A few Pokemon Centres.
- Off to Narita
- Nartia Airport, The JAL Lounge
- Qatar Airways Flight QR807 Tokyo Narita to Doha
- Four and Half Hours in Doha Airport
- Qatar Airways Flight QR067 Doha to Frankfurt
- More time in Frankfurt
- BA8735 Frankfurt to London City Airport (Club Europe)
- And about that Five Yen Coin – The Sensoji Temple, Asakusa
In this great world we live, friendships are born and created in the most amazing of circumstances. Twitter is one of those mediums where I’ve made some good friends on.
real_jetsetr and I have been chatting off and on, and trying to meet up as he’s going around the world (or me going around the world when I’m allowed out). We’ve tried to meet in London, The USA amongst other places.
So where do two frequent flyers meet. Kyoto of course.
BECAUSE THAT MAKES SENSE.
Well it does in the Frequent Flyer world.
Our meeting point would be the taxi rank at Kyoto Station (which for me would be a short walk, and for real_jetsetr a short taxi ride away.
As neither of us had planned this bit particularly well, we went to a local hotel ask where a Sushi-go-round (or conveyor belt sushi was).
Those details in hand – off we went!
With a sushi place found we were seated, and begun the sushi-fest. And as we’re both geeks, pictures were fast on Twitter. And Instagram. And probably a thousand other places.
Such as this blog.
So here’s a parade of Sushi!
And some very nice bites too. Because its wonderful stuff. Especially when fresh as this.
This isn’t bad seared at all. It’s amazing what a kitchen blowtorch can do… as well as some very drinkable green tea.
Of course, being frequent flyers, there was alcohol. In the form of a Japanese draft beer.
And of course – there’s only one thing to do when there’s two frequent flyers with beer in hand in Japan:
People make the world go round – this we all know this. And meeting people in real life who you have a connection with makes it all the better.
The fact you’re meeting someone in a totally foreign land just makes it all the more amazing how small the world actually is.
PS: Thanks for the beer 😉
Next: We’re going to Train Otaku heaven as I jump aboard a Shinkansen to Nagoya to The Central Japan SC Maglev and Railway Park
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.