As we head into the long Easter weekend, the UK rail network responds in its usual way – by closing parts of network to shut down in bits and bobs to allow engineering work.
London Paddington Train Station – Image, Economy Class and Beyond
Major works include
- Heathrow Express
- 14th and 15th April – Every 30 minutes
- 16th April – Every 15 minutes
- 17th April – Every 30 minutes
- Heathrow Connect will be operating from Terminal 5 as opposed to Terminal 4, with trains not stopping at Hanwell or West Ealing
- Gatwick Express will not operate Sunday 16th April. Trains operate between London Bridge and Gatwick Airport
- Thameslink work affecting London Bridge area with London Charing Cross and London Cannon Street closed affecting SouthEastern services. Changes apply.
- Southern services will not be able to terminate at London Victoria on the 16th April. Check for new departure points.
- Services between Carlisle and Glasgow Central / Edinburgh are replaced by bus between 15th April to Monday 17 April. Changes apply to TransPennine Express, Virgin West Coast and Caledonian Sleeper
- Greater Anglia/TFL Rail services from London Liverpool Street to Ingatestone/Southend Victoria/Southminster are all suspended, with buses replacing trains from Newbury Park. Changes apply as part of the Crossrail project
The full list of changes are listed on the National Enquires Easter page.
Expect a repeat of this as we head to the May bank holiday season.
With the Easter weekend rush in progress, please ensure you leave plenty of time to get to where you need to this weekend.
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.