Well even though I go a new Diamond Club Pack, it seems BMI is downsizing itself…
With the PR Spin distilled – it’s bad news.
- AMS (Amsterdam) to be suspended from 27 March 2010
- TLV (Tel Aviv) suspended from London on 9 January 2010, and the last flight departing Tel Aviv on 10 January 2010
- KPB (Kiev) suspended on 10 January 2010
- ALP – (Aleppo), with the last departure from London being 9 January 2010 and the last departure from Aleppo being 10 January 2010.
- BRU (Brussels) is transferred from BMI to Brussels Airlines.
- 2 x A330’s are approaching end of lease, and are to be returned to lessor – ending the long haul BMI Dream
- 2 x ERJ aircraft are now up for sale
- and most sad of all – 600 posts affected – and leading to redundancies.
Good luck to those involved.