It seems that MBNA and United are boosting their UK offering with a new offer for new applicants with the MileagePlus Credit Card.
The card also offers
- A dual card product with a MNBA Visa card and MBNA American Express card
- The Visa card earns 1.25 miles for every £2
- The American Express card earns 2.5 miles for every £2
- 0% on balance transfers for 6 months from the date your account is opened (2% handling fee).
- 0% on money transfers for 6 months from the date your account is opened (2% handling fee).
- 0% on United transactions for 12 months from the date your account is opened.
This card is offered on a 18.9%APR variable for those who carry balances over.
The offer expires on the 4th December 2013 and you can apply at https://apply.mbna.co.uk/UKNeoCCapp/entry?sc=1UADUALIES001A4&mc=UAEUAL001KO&POS=GB
With the recent United devaluation, it’s not exactly impressive to say the least – but ranks as good as the recent Lufthansa promotion. For those who are United mileage collectors in the UK who haven’t got this card, it could be rather useful – especially with the 0% interest on United tickets for 12 months.
However, I’m lead to believe those who collect AMEX Rewards are best to wait for a few days – which is a much more useful currency…
IMPORTANT: I’ve provided a direct link to the MBNA United Airlines Mileage Plus Credit Card, which the source can be found at https://apply.mbna.co.uk/UKNeoCCapp/entry?sc=1UADUALIES001A4&mc=UAEUAL001KO&POS=GB
There is no affiliate kickback on this and this link is provided for your information only. I do NOT benefit from the link above.
Please note, the information above does not constitute financial advice and you should always do your own research on top to ensure it’s right for your specific circumstances, and may impact on your credit score. So don’t blame me if you overspend on a card and they come hounding after you. If in doubt – seek appropriate financial advice.
Those who are considering applying should bear in mind you’ll need to be resident in the UK to get one, and probably have reasonable banking references/credit ratings to obtain the card.