It seems the joy of Flash Sales have spread to Virgin Atlatinc, with some reasonably priced options depending when you need to go in the world.
Sale fares are in Economy and some Premium Economy routes only;
London Heathrow to Africa/Middle East:
- Cape Town £696
- Johannesburg £576
- Lagos £599 Economy, £929 Premium Economy
London Heathrow to India and Asia
- Delhi £497
- Mumbai £467
- Shanghai £477
- Hong Kong £574
- Tokyo £596
London Heathrow to Sydney
- Sydney £746 (until end of timetable)
London Gatwick to Cancun
- £499 (Economy)
- £849 (Premium Economy)
- £1,599 (Upper Class)
London Heathrow to USA and Canada (All classes on sale on some routes )
Destination Economy PE Upper Boston £379 £699 £1,599 Chicago £499 £899 £1,699 Los Angeles £469 £879 £2,098 Miami £529 - - New York £379 £699 - San Francisco £519 £909 £2,198 Washington £379 £699 £1,599 Vancouver £499 £999 £1,999 London Gatwick to: Orlando £439 £849 Lass Vegas £549
Now, before you get TOO Excited there are substantial date restrictions on these flights, and I urge you to go to http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/gb/en/ideas-lowestfares/sale-fares.html. In addition, there are some heavy booking conditions too (on the same page).
- Booking by 25th February
- Fares are applicable to O, K and Z booking classes only
- Advance purchase
- USA – Upper Class, Orlando/Las Vegas – 14 days, rest of USA 28 days, Economy N/A, 21 days Premium Economy
- Asia Upper Class 28 days, K Class 7 days, and O and N class not applicable
- Caribbean O Class 7 days, N Class N/A, K Class 21 days, Z class 14 days
- Canada Z Class 28 days Economy N/A
- Africa Premium Economy no Advance Purchase
- Minimum stay is one Saturday night. Maximum stay is 12 months. Maximum stay 42 USA Upper Class.
I would think there is some serious value in these fares if your needs take you to Virgins destinations (in Y, New York is very cheap). Whilst not overly appealing to me due to the short booking window, you might be able to get a cheap escape in if you’re quick.