Viva Las BAcon! The Mandalay Bay
Trip Report Index (it’s long):
- Viva Las BACon! The second spin of the roulette wheel
- Heading to Birmingham Airport, EI277 Birmingham Airport – Dublin Airport
- HOTEL: Bewleys Hotel, Dublin Airport
- The DAA Lounge, Dublin Airport
- BA831 Dublin Airport – London Heathrow Terminal 1
- An Easy Heathrow Transit and the British Airways Galleries First Lounge
- BA295 London Heathrow Terminal 5 to Chicago O’Hare International
- Tick Tock, Tick Tock – an express connection in Chicago
- AA55 Chicago O’Hare International T3 to Las Vegas McCarran International
- HOTEL: MGM Grand
- HOTEL: Mandalay Bay and BAcon
- One Time Exception: The High Roller
- HOTEL: Luxor
- One Time Exception: A Nighttime walk down an every changing strip
- Back to McCarran Airport, The American Express Centurion Lounge
- AA1239 Las Vegas McCarran International – Dallas Fort Worth
- A quick rush across Dallas Fort Worth
- AA78 Dallas Fort Worth – London Heathrow Terminal 3
- Transit again, The British Airways Terminal 1 Domestic Lounge
- BA831 London Heathrow Terminal 1 – Dublin Airport
- Irish Transit, The Aer Lingus Gold Circle Lounge
- EI276 Dublin Airport to Birmingham Airport
- Another lovely slice of BAcon
After shuttling over from The MGM Grand, it was time to arrive another MGM Property – The Mandalay Bay.
I went to check in, and started catching up with lots of bloggers almost immediely (within 10 minutes of being on site – I saw one of the Heels First Travels ladies, and also spend time meeting a fellow British blogger with a very unique viewpoint – Muslim Travel Girl.
Eventually I made it premium check in, and checked in for my room at the Mandalay Bay.
I didn’t head to my room immiently – least of all I had activities to do and peiople to meet and greet. But eventually, I found my way to the guest rooms – which are nice and close to reeption.
That was the good news. The bad news was the conference centre was a sherpa or four away.
Anyway – the room itself.
Another endless corridor…
I had a king room – and it was again – big.
Even the bathroom has a window (even if it faces the hallway).
Bathroom – It’s a hallway.
A rather deep tub!
Toiletries. A rather nice and usable collection
There’s even a TV in the bathroom
The outsde view was of McCarren airport and some buildings, however, the gold coating of the window of the Manadaly Bay made for… troublesome photograhy.
After some unpacking, it was time to head off… and that meant hiking through the casino, past the north convension centre, past the wedding chaple and finally to the south convention centre.
Part of a long hike…
Yes. 10 minutes walking. I was going to end up fit on this conference I suspect.
The main tower – it’s a bit sunny in Vegas.
As for the conference itself – it was great in terms of the quality of the speakers, the range. It also gave me a change to make new friends (including Jetsetters Homestead, Muslim Travel Girl) and catch up with some older friends (including the lovely Heels First Travel ladies and Miles from Blighty and Rene from Delta Points).
It was also a certain Randy Petersen’s Birthday, with festivities to boot:
Randy pointing to things… in this case, a Birthday cake!
The cake is not a lie. Look at the little planes!
There are many more BAcon stories, but I’m following the olde Vegas maxim of “What Happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas”.
Overall: The Mandalay Bay is one nice hotel compared to some on the strip. Reasonable facilities and prices, along with decent sized rooms are not a bad thing in my book. The conference itself – a great trip and learning experience (some of the things you should see on Economy Class and Beyond now)
Next: Whilst What happens in Vegas, stays there – there is one story I want to let slip… and that’s when 70 bloggers went onboard a wheel as Boarding Area does the High Roller
Full Disclosure. The room at the Mandalay Bay was paid for by Frequent Flyer Network. The hotels services will be reviewed without prejudice, and the views represented are by the authors, and are his sole views only.
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – The new name for GhettoIFE (and a lot more pronounceable). Expect in-depth coverage, analysis, route news as well as humour and madness as I only know how.
Follow me on Twitter at @EconomyBeyond for the latest updates!