It seems Qatar Airways are selling off their latest round of companion fares at the moment, which reduces the price for two people to fly compared to paying two individual fares.
Shopping time for those of you who can travel in pairs…
Let’s have a look what’s on offer from where – offers are based on two people travelling together
From London Birmingham Manchester Edinburgh Zanzibar £2,755 £2,695 £2,705 N/A Dhaka £2,885 £2,825 £2,835 N/A Dubai £3,100 £3,040 £3,050 N/A Dubai Al Maktoum £3,100 £3,040 £3,050 N/A Colombo £3,340 £3,280 £3,290 £3,285 Maldives £3,340 £3,280 £3,290 £3,285 Jakarta £3,390 £3,330 £3,340 £3,330 Kuala Lumpur £3,395 £3,335 £3,345 £3,340 Bangkok £3,400 £3,340 £3,350 £3,345 Bali £3,665 £3,605 £3,615 £3,605 Hong Kong £3,730 £3,670 £3,680 £3,670 Singapore £3,730 £3,670 £3,680 £3,675 Perth £4,925 £4,865 £4,875 N/A Adelaide £4,940 £4,890 £4,885 £4,915 Sydney £4,945 £4,885 £4,895 £4,920 Important notes: Birmingham departures commence 30th March 2016. Sydney departures commence 1st March 2016. Adelaide departures commence 2nd May 2016.
As usual, there are some caveats with these fares (least of all two people travelling together at the same time), including:
- Valid on Qatar Airways flights only from LHR, BHX, MAN or EDI. Flights must go via DOH
- Flights from LHR can only be on QR007/8 and QR15/16
- Tickets must be purchased by 22nd November 2015
- Valid for travel between 21st November 2015 – 7th July 2016, excluding peak times when seats maybe limited.
- 10 Day Advanced Purchase required.
- Discount is based on the fare element of the ticket cost – taxes and surcharges are of course not included.
- 3 Day minimum stay required, 12 months max
- Changes are chargeable
- Stopover in Doha extra USD$200, stopovers outside Doha allowed (1st stopover free, others at an extra $200 a time up to four stopovers)
- Weekend surcharge of £60 applies on Friday and Saturday departures
Full T&C’s and booking information at http://www.qatarairways.com/uk/en/offers/companion-offer.page?CID=EMGB831560 .
I’d expect this to be a global offer so it might be worth looking at your local site and see what’s on sale. You will no doubt find some better companion fare prices depending where you are in the world.
Whilst not great for Tier Point runs, these still should net a nice amount of miles/Avios depending on your frequent flyer programme – which is nice.
But if two of your are heading off somewhere on the Qatar Airways network, these companion fares could represent good value.
Just be careful when departing from London Heathrow – equipment does vary, and these flights will not let you fly on A380 services from the looks of it.
If in doubt – check with RouteHappy and compare and contrast.
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.