One of the things I love to do (although love is a strong word some days) is write the trip reports and views on my travel when I get myself into the air.
Home of many an economy trip, some business trips, the odd first class flight… and plenty of comedy – if you’re looking for some honest views, head to my trip reports archive.
However – there’s going to be a few changes to how I’ll be doing my trip writing in the future – and since most of you come along for the ride on then, I’d thought I would share them with you
- Snapshots: Snapshots are short previews of things I’ve seen on a segment of a trip. These involve airport lounges, flights and hotels mainly. These normally appear a few days after I’ve completed something. In some ways – these are going to be the “Old Style” trip reports
- Vlog. Bad news people. I’m going to start Vlogging soon as I feel putting up videos of me taking off and landing in planes from the window seat just aren’t cutting it. The technology will be coming together over the next few days and should be live soon enough (and dread the thought – a weekly talk to the camera show…. hmm. Might think this through…). The Youtube channel will be up sooon enough!
- Trip Reports are changing. I’ve slowly been converting them from just the flight and hotel to something a bit more than that. As such, Trip reports are changing long-form format reports. I’ve been playing around with this for the past few trip reports, and it works well for me as I get to tell you more of the travel story than just flights, lounges and hotels. The downside is they do take serious time to write (I’m talking days here), and as such, they won’t appear that quickly.
Speaking of Trip Reports…
- The Chicago, Washington DC and Boston Trip Report is being written and is near a point where I can start kicking it off, but I’m also placing it on hold for a bit… with good reason.
- You’ll probably have to wait until the New Year until I get this one into the real world. Why?
- I’ve got a set of snapshots, vlog and a special Christmas trip report coming in mid to late December. And…. in involves a few things. I’ll leave some hints.
Two of these:
Cathay Pacific Boeing 777-300ER, Image – Economy Class and Beyond
A bit of this:
and for those of you who are confused about the blog title.. I’ll make it easier for you to guess the travel class.
Join me for the beginnings of my 40th Birthday quickie break to Hong Kong… coming very soon!
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.