Growing old in Style – Temple Street Market or “Learn to Haggle more”
- 40.. wait? You’re 40???
- Off to Heathrow with National Express
- Heathrow Airport Terminal 5 and British Airways Galleries First
- BA936 London Heathrow to Düsseldorf in Club Europe
- Düsseldorf airport and the most boring lounge… in the world (Lufthansa Business Lounge)
- CX376 Düsseldorf Airport to Hong Kong International Airport in Business Class
- Hong Kong International Airport and CX The Arrival
- To Hong Kong aboard the Airport Express
- Over to Kowloon on the Star Ferry
- Exploring Kowloon
- Holiday Inn Express, Sheung Wan
- The Peak during the Evening and Night
- Riding the Ding Dings and Causeway Bay Presents “The Force Awakens”
- Mong Konk Ladies Market – or the “Hard art of haggling”
- A Symphony of Lights (Pictorial)
- Temple Street Market or “Haggle more”
- Back to Hong Kong International Airport
- The Pier First Class Lounge
- CX253 Hong Kong International Airport to London Heathrow
- The Great Rush Home
- 40 up
After leaving the waterfront, it was a case of walking past The Peninsula, and heading for the MTR station.
A quick ride to Yau Ma Tei to get to the head of the market, and then its a matter of just following your nose (or the signs. It’s a 2 minute walk from Yau Ma Tei station).
Here’s me walking around, with me vlogging!
And you’re into the chaos of a night time street market.
As well as trinkets and collectables, there’s also food for those of you who enjoy street dining.
For me, it’s a chance to practice more haggling – over the little things and trinkets to bring back. I picked up some fake art (well, show me a few things in Hong Kong that are genuine) and a couple of other of bits and bobs…
And haggled my heart out. Well, there’s no such thing as paying full price for anything on the street markets of Hong Kong, especially in Temple Street.
With lots of exploring and my back playing up – time was up for exploring the night street of Hong Kong and time to head to the hotel and finish packing.
Least of all, I had a new challenge – How the hell do I get a rice cooker back to the UK intact.
Next: Back to Hong Kong International Airport
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.