Growing old in Style – Cathay Pacific’s “The Pier”
- 40.. wait? You’re 40???
- Off to Heathrow with National Express
- Heathrow Airport Terminal 5 and British Airways Galleries First
- BA936 London Heathrow to Düsseldorf in Club Europe
- Düsseldorf airport and the most boring lounge… in the world (Lufthansa Business Lounge)
- CX376 Düsseldorf Airport to Hong Kong International Airport in Business Class
- Hong Kong International Airport and CX The Arrival
- To Hong Kong aboard the Airport Express
- Over to Kowloon on the Star Ferry
- Exploring Kowloon
- Holiday Inn Express, Sheung Wan
- The Peak during the Evening and Night
- Riding the Ding Dings and Causeway Bay Presents “The Force Awakens”
- Mong Konk Ladies Market – or the “Hard art of haggling”
- A Symphony of Lights (Pictorial)
- Temple Street Market or “Haggle more”
- Back to Hong Kong International Airport
- The Pier First Class Lounge
- CX253 Hong Kong International Airport to London Heathrow
- The Great Rush Home
- 40 up
So with my back aching, and legs tired, I headed downstairs to The Pier.
I was welcomed to the lounge, and my lounge invitation taken off me – leaving me free to explore the lounge.
It’s very much a gentle atmosphere, with warm tones and quietness.
I headed into one of the main relaxation areas, put my stuff down and sat back…
I found my way to the bar, and started the way I intended to go on.
The views weren’t bad too – of the apron at Hong Kong Airport
But there was another smell wafting… the smell of food. This needed to be investigated.
I was expecting a buffet style thing…. oh no. This is a lot classer
I was seated quickly and offered a menu… as well as more bubbles.
In terms of of choices… I went for the peanut chicken to start, and Lo Wan noodles to for the main.
Lots of spicy, nutty and tasty textures here. Even now, my mouth waters at this chicken. It was nicely cooked, with good flavours. What’s not to like (well, except if you have a peanut allergy).
The Lo Wan…. was amazing. It’s Beef and noodles, with Pak choi, served with wanton soup.
The beef and noodles – Noodles were cooked wonderfully, and the beef was very much “melt in your mouth”.
A very enjoyable meal to say the least. However a quick look at my phone indicated that depature time was coming up on me like the spectre it is.
I therefore exited the dining room, and headed back to the sofa area for a bit – and meeting the help-your-self section of the lounge.
Drinks – I won’t lie… I took a Coke Zero for the train jouney back
With my browsing completed (as well as a trip the small room), it was time to bid farewell to the lounge – boarding had commenced.
Thankfully, the London flight would be departing from outside the lounge – convenient to say the least.
As I got to the gate, general boarding was in full swing.
I headed to the FastTrack, and headed down the jetbridge to board the waiting 777-300ER that would take me back to the United Kingdom.
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.