A walk around Amsterdam – Train vs Plane!
- Train vs Plane? What the blazes is this?
- Off to St Pancras on the Early Train (Virgin Trains Birmingham to London Euston), St Pancras Departures Lounge
- Eurostar train 9114 London St Pancras to Amsterdam Centraal
- A walk around Amsterdam
- Setting the timer off: Off to Amsterdam Schiphol
- A light bit of spotting at Amsterdam Schiphol
- British Airways Terraces Amsterdam Schiphol
- BA441 Amsterdam Schiphol to London Heathrow
- Into London, stopping the stopwatch and Chilterns home.
- Who wins?
With me off the train, I headed off into central Amsterdam. And in the crowds of stag and hen weekend do’s. It’s Amsterdam after all.
And I apologise for the behaviour of some of those stag and hen do’s.
The beauty of Eurostar is it drops you at Amsterdam Centraal station. And as a result – you’re in the middle of everything.
I therefore did what I tend to do – drop the guidebook and just follow my nose into the city. With an hour or so in the city before I had to be on the move again
And if there’s one city that’s good to explore by foot – it’s Amsterdam. Cross the road from the station, and choose an alley – and you’re in a different world straight away.
Of course, there were cookies. Of that variety.
Umm. I did that last week
With the limited time I had, I headed back to the station, ready to begin the trip home. Such a fleeting trip.
It would had been less quicker if the train was on time though…
Next: To Schiphol Airport and exploring the plaza.
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.