Donuts on the Mound 2 – It’s STILL about Community
In this donut filled adventure
- Continuing a new tradition
- Off to Birmingham Airport
- Aer Lingus EI263 Birmingham Airport to Dublin T2
- And there were planes. And Donuts
- Back to Dublin Airport
- Aer Lingus Regional EI3276 Dublin Airport to Birmingham Airport
- Back to the trains
- It’s Still About Community
Why do we fly? For some of us, it’s business. For some its pleasure. But we fly to and from communities and build our own connections… our own communities.
Yes, I wrote a soppy post as I always do after a trip like this… and the contents of it are still valid as I write about it in August.
The kindness of friends and strangers is one thing never to be afraid of. And showing that kindness in return (even if you have a Peep that’s starting to be hell-bent on World Domination) isn’t a duty – it’s a pleasure.
Which is why I love Donuts on the Mound so much – it brings people from different backgrounds out to watch planes and talk about life. It allows us to share experiences and learn.
My thanks as usual to those who organised the day, as well as those who gave lifts to and from the mound – I am in your debt as alwalys.
Time for some quick one-line reviews.
Birmingham Airport – Please… sort out security. It’s slowwwwww.
Aer Lingus A320 – Passable for the distance, even if the crew wanted to hide from any camera in the world…
Dublin Airport – the expansion is welcome, but those south gates are more than a little far….
Aer Lingus Regional – A rather solid product, delivered by a good crew.
And that’s it for Donuts on the Mound 2: The Second Bite. Much shorter than my usual trip reports – but sometimes when the avgeek community around – it’s easier to write.
Don’t worry. I’m fixing that.
There is a lot travel coming up over the next few months at Economy Class and Beyond as I seem to be in the USA more often than not. With some surprising reasons.
What’s on the menu?
- Firstly, I need Tier Points. Join me for Tier Point Run: San Francisco with American Airlines, British Airways, Aer Lingus and Ryanair as I rack up Tier points on the semi-cheap, with some odd routings, some odd stops and some equipment I haven’t flown on in a long time (and trust me – an ultra long trip report).
- In September, I’ll be joining Recaro A/S along with Lufthansa to Boston in an APEX Expo/Aircraft Interiors Americas Special. More about this in the near future.
- In October… Well. If I said the word “Chicago“, do I need to go much further? Expect an autumn audit to see how the passenger experience is.
- And who knows… something else might pop up in December. I’m scheming something.
But until we meet next in a trip report… happy flying!
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.