It’s that time of the week where we take a quick look back at some of the antics of the aviation and passenger experience industry. And as usual – there’s been a fair bit happening as we continue towards the holiday season.
Aircraft Orders and Deliveries
- Swiss turns to Helvetic for more capacity – Embraer E-190-E2 aircraft on the way
- Arkia Air becomes the first A321LR operator – Well, it’s taken a little time for the first operator of the A321LR to be decided since Primera went belly-up..
Routes and Networks
- United Airlines plans Boeing 787-10 routes for Europe – Long, Carbon Fibre and tight seat widths to 6 European destinations
- China Southern Airlines to leave SkyTeam – a bit of a bombshell for SkyTeam. Whilst other SkyTeam airlines have huddled around China Eastern, China Southern has gone its own way…
Miles and Points
- Buy Extra Avios bonus returns with British Airways – Good for a top-up if you need them…
Real World Experiences
I’m continuing the Lufthansa Flying Lab and APEX Expo Series – which includes this week’s must read, as well as a few lighter reads
- Exploring innovation on the ground at Munich Airport – and there are way to improve the ground experience…
- The Lufthansa Flying Lab – LH424 Munich to Boston (Premium Economy) – An In-depth review of the Flying Lab, as well as a content from the day and summaries from the talks.
- Holiday Inn, Bunker Hill, Boston – Not a bad hotel. But it seems not so good locally in the comments…
- Exploring Boston – Well, I had a a morning and half an afternoon to myself. How much more time did I need?
- Exploring Spyce… and lessons for the Passenger Experience? – When your food and how it’s prepared gives you thought to the passenger experience, you know you should sometimes stop thinking and working.
- Oodles of Noodles – Pho and Ramen in Boston – Because I haven’t had enough Asian food on this trip at all.
I haven’t chosen cover FlyBe and its fiscal situation (and possible sale) – others are doing it from a much more informed angle than I could.
We’ll be continuing the APEX Expo and Lufthansa Flying Lab Trip Report (and all being well – concluding it). That’ll allow me to start my autumn Chicago trip report off.
As usual – thank you for reading this week.
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.