Well, we’ve reached another end of the week at Economy Class and Beyond. Time to wrap up what we covered!
- UK ePassport Gates. Some interesting numbers… and interesting data withheld – My suggested weekend read. I go down the rabbit warren of a Freedom of Information Act Request as I take a look at the ePassport Gate system, the growth and use of them… and the future as
- Dublin Airport to introduce the “Hydration Station” – Water fountains or places to top up your water bottle are welcome (compared to paying an arm and a leg at an Airport Newsagent). But airports – make them easy to find please.
- Air France introduces a premium Healthy meal option.. with a premium price – For those who want a healthier dinner in the air, Air France has new options for you. At a price of course.
- To Taxi, To Connect – British Airways introduce Electric Taxis for Premium Customer Connections – Electric Taxis at Heathrow Airport are a thing in the transfer fleet at Heathrow Airport for British Airways Passengers.
The Business of Aviation
- Also a CLOSED rooftop bar: Joon to be merged back into Air France – The airline I loved to lampoon for the sheer branding, audacity and inconstant messages is finally getting merged back into Air France. Hopefully it’s platform for experimenting has taught them a few lessons – both in Passenger Experience, but also in how not to run a brand…
- Flybe rescued… by Virgin Atlantic, Stobart Group and Cyprus Capital – FlyBe finally gets rescued, with Virgin Atlantic leading the charge to rescue it before IAG gets a look around it. But whilst the airline might be saved and re-branded as Virgin Atlantic, but what is the long term outlook for the regional operation?
New Aircraft news
- Delta orders more Airbus A220 aircraft and switches model on some orders – Or how to rub salt into a Boeing wound, with 15 more A220 aircraft ordered, and 50 A220-100s switched to the larger A220-300
Routes and Networks
- Delta puts refreshed Boeing 777 upgraded routes on sale – And if this article proves anything, I need to hire a proofreader who will work for free. Delta will add six routes with their refitted four-class Boeing 777. And more importantly – nine across seating down the back of the plane.
Starting next week
- Whilst I’m on the ground for a bit, I’m going to be kicking off a mid-term review of the Canon EOS R and life with the EOS R so far. I’ll be covering some landscpae work, cityscapes, street photography and even shooting with a model.
Until then – thank you for reading this week!
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.