It’s that time of the week again, where it’s a chance to go back in time and see what I’ve covered at Economy Class and Beyond during the last week
British Airways Retrojets
Yes. They get their own section this week as there’s been a lot of coverage at the blog. Many thanks again for British Airways for hosting us.
- Welcome back BOAC – British Airways 100th Anniversary and the BOAC Livery – An introduction to BOAC and the Golden Speedbird Livery.
- A Closer look at the British Airways RetroJet (Airplane Art Extra) – Because details are everything
- The second British Airways Retrojet will be… BEA! – and we find out the next retrojet. Expect a Negus and a Landor livery plane too…
- Iberia to trial in-flight Virtual Reality with InflightVR – expanding out the options to be entertained on a plane
Routes and Networks
A busy week in the routes and networks department, with airlines setting up a lot of new connectivity options.
- LoganAir picks up five ex BMI Regional Routes – Interestingly, the owner of Loganair was the same owner as BMI Regional…
- Emirates to add Porto to its network – Filling in the gaps with a Boeing 777-300ER.
- Ryanair to add a Toulouse Base – After all, what has Ryanair got Toulouse on setting up a new base? (#getscoat).
- Etihad seeks to tap into Easter demand – adds additional flights to London Heathrow – More connectivity for the Easter period between Heathrow and Abu Dhabi.
The Business of Aviation
- airBaltic moves to remove Boeing 737 from its fleet – The airline accelerates the removal of the older Boeing 737, favouring the A220-300.
- FlyBe operating assets sold to Connect Airways – And thus, the sale is done. All that’s left is to vote on the final sale of the shell company for a penny a share.
Pretty pictures and the EOS R review continued
- Airplane Art – Aviation photography and the Canon EOS R – I take the Canon EOS R out for a trip to Manchester Airport. Join me as I learn how the heck this thing works.
- EOS R Review: Night Time Model photography (featuring the Rotolight Neo II) – And the camera gets a spin in the dark as I work with a model to create some rather stunning images
There’s a fair whack coming out next week including:
- Updated Heathrow Travel Guides – Some useful free ways to get around the Heathrow Area
- A video – yes – a video – of Points to be Made and Myself racing at Heathrow Airport
- All this is tied to the upcoming Madrid Trip Report. Which I’ve got to start putting the photos in.
Thank you for joining me again this week. Stay tuned for more news and views on Economy Class and Beyond
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.