It’s that time of the week to glance back at what’s happened in the world of aviation I’ve covered. Yes – it’s the Last Week look-back
News I haven’t covered elsewhere:
- United Airlines launched re-brand. It’s non-offensive, and saves on gold paint. No Tulip though…
- It was the Freddies last week too. The winners are here.
- ANA Launch their A380 Interior programme. It’s impressive. There’s one amenity I’ll go into in another post sometime.
Onto items I’ve spent time with the keyboard with.
Scandinavian Airlines pilots have gone out on strike. Expect mass cancellations
- Scandinavian Airlines Strike – 670 Flights Impacted
- SAS Pilots strike continues – Saturday 27th and Sunday 28th April
- Air Premia signs for Recaro seating in their upcoming 787 – with both the PL3530 Premium Economy Seat and the CL3710 seat. And one hell of an image rotation issue. Oopsie.
- Acro delivers new seats to Norra – A solid choice for an ATR. Trust me. I’ve sat in the equivalent with Aer Lingus Regional at 30″… and it’s comfy.
Routes and Networks
- Loganair restores two services from East Midlands Airport – Loganair revives two routes that BMI Regional used to serve. Can they make it work?
New Aircraft news
- Silver Airways flies its first ATR42-600 commercially – Well done to Silver Airways and ATR for clearing the regulatory hurdles to get this plane commercially in service
Aircraft Interiors Expo – Deep Dives
- Airbus’s Skywise Platform – Bringing IoT into the cabin and to the plane – It’s time to take IoT into the cabin. It can help in a LOT of different ways.
- Lufthansa Techniks shows off USB charging in the overhead panel. Good or Bad idea? – Judging by the comments in my feed, not many of you liked it…
- The many shades (and flexibility) of the Stelia Aerospace Opal – Opal is a great business class seat, with good density options. But has many different shades to it and uses.
More Pleasure, More Business
I’ve kicked this report into high gear, with a lot of the meat of the US side of the trip. And there’s a LOT more next week.
- The Cathay Pacific, American Airlines Lounges… and a five-hour delay
- AA87 London Heathrow to Chicago O’Hare International (Premium Economy)
- The Crowne Plaza O’Hare
- A Photographers Paradise in Chicago: The Central Camera Company
There’s plenty from the trip report (More Pleasure, More Business), with a lot of things to cover in it (and believe it or not, it’s mostly written). I’m also continuing some deep dives from AIX too, as well bringing you headlines, news and opinion… as well as some interesting things over the week.
Until we see each other again – happy landings!
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.