We’ve reached that point of the week again where I take a picture of Birmingham, and catch up with last week’s news. Yes, it’s time for Last Week at Economy Class and Beyond
Business of Aviation
- Lufthansa Group eyes up Condor – With Thomas Cook Airlines being put up for sale, could we be seeing the beginning of the Dismemberment of group? Lufthansa shows its hand.
- TAP Portugal signs Panasonic to provide connectivity on the A321neo fleet – More connectivity in the air is a welcome thing to see.
- Avio Interiors Skyrider 2.0 – What realistic chance does it have? – My deep in-depth look at the seat. With me trying to be as serious as possible (probably the toughest AIX article I wrote to be honest).
- Octoaspring – Bringing a new form of comfort to the cabin – And as well as cabin cushions, they make some good normal cushions too.
- Stelia Aerospace Celeste – advancing onwards – As I’ve said many times – Dear Airlines. Buy and Install this seat. Thank you.
- The Butterfly Seat – Examining the Advancements – An interesting concept, which is turning more towards reality each day
- Examining ViaSat’s Ka/Ku new antenna launch, and the setup of ViaSat-3 network – With the move to Ka connectivity, ViaSat’s dual antenna offers access for today, and future proofing for tomorrow
New Aircraft News
- Delta’s first Airbus A330neo takes flight -Wwith this being the North American launch of the A330neo, more eyes than usual will be paying attention.
Routes and Networks
- LEVEL to add Paris-Orly to Las Vegas – A new route to Lost Wages… I mean Las Vegas. Yay. My excitement is overrun.
- British Airways offer 50% bonus on purchased Avios – if you need a top of of Avios to get your partner rewards in… now is the time to do it. Just remember to redeem them straight away.
More Pleasure, More Business
We head into Europe on More Pleasure, More Business as I head of to Hamburg.
- Part 2… Onto Business
- TRIP REPORT: More Pleasure, More Business – Heathrow Shopping and British Airways Galleries South Lounge
- More Pleasure, More Business – BA962 London Heathrow to Hamburg Airport
- Off into Hamburg, Ibis Budget St Pauli
- Looking at the Winners of the Crystal Cabin Award
No, Just No.
- Espresso and Tonic Water? No. Just Don’t. It’s disgusting.
We’ll be continuing More Business, More Pleasure, and be keeping a further eye on the news and happenings in the aviation sphere.
Until we catch up here again – happy landings!
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.