We’ve reached another Sunday by some luck, so it must be time for look back at Last Week on Economy Class and Beyond
Continuing the series “Walking around Birmingham”, we come to The Knife Angel – made up of knifes handed in to collection boxes and confiscated by the Police – bringing awareness about Knife Crime in the United Kingdom, and that something needs to be done about it.
You can find out more about The Knife Angel at https://www.britishironworkcentre.co.uk/show-areas/the-knife-angel-official. On display until 5th June in Victoria Square
News I didn’t cover
- Air Canada starts talks talks with Transat L C – stand by for another merger
- Air Italy rebands its Frequent Flyer Club, switches strategy on long haul aircraft – Expect more A330’s instead of 787s with Air Italy
New Aircraft News
- Azul takes delivery of its first A330neo – and becomes the first operator in the Americas in the process
- ATR and partners try to deliver “The Perfect Flight” for eco-aviation – Aviation needs to work to improve its eco credentials. ATR and others try to deliver a low-carbon flight. But can the results be repeated for every flight?
- A Cheeky Nandos in the air? Maybe… of sorts… – Nope, not a Nandos Peri Peri Chicken at 35,000ft – but instead some snacks being offered on Jet2
- Iberia introduces in-app cabin baggage scanning – Iberia joins a few other airlines in using augmented reality to work out the size of your hand luggage, and if it can fit in the overhead bin.
- Etihad extends its two-night free hotel/stopover programme at Abu Dhabi – a handy free two nights in Abu Dhabi? Check the T&C’s… but yes!
- Another good set of Eurostar deals – Belgium from £29. A very good bargain, along with South of France deals too (both in Standard and Standard Premier
- LNER Commences Azuma rollout – Welcome to the East Coast Azuma.
More Pleasure, More Business
I wrap up this long and split trip report – with a look back at Aircraft Interiors Expo, some middling passenger experiences, and if I got some compensation out of two airlines
- Aircraft Interiors Expo – What you might had missed
- Back to Hamburg Airport, Hamburg Airport Lounge
- BA967 Hamburg Airport to London Heathrow (CLUB EUROPE – BUSINESS CLASS)
- More Pleasure, More Business – Not going home in a hurry…
- More Pleasure, More Business – Compensation Fun, Games and Paperwork
- More Pleasure, More Business – Life is in many parts
And a few more of the knife angel, showing the details of it.
I’m currently stuck on the ground, trying to find the perfect excuse to escape the UK for a while (although the next two weeks are looking… awful). So I’ll be focusing back on technology, and storing lots of data at home. As well as that, I’ll be reporting on the passenger experience news that you need for the week ahead.
Stay safe all!
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.