Whilst a lot of people use Heathrow Express to get between London and Heathrow, the cheapest way of getting between the City and Airport is by Underground via the Piccadilly Line and London Underground.
However, this is going to be a bit more trouble this long Bank Holiday Weekend, with the line Piccadilly Line shut between Hammersmith, Heathrow and Uxbridge this weekend.
The closure will run from 00:01 Saturday, 25th May through the entire Bank Holiday weekend, reopening on the Tuesday 28th May.
During this time, there will be no Underground services between Heathrow Airport and Hammersmith.
There will be direct coach replacement services operating during this time operating every 3-8 minutes
- Between Hammersmith and Heathrow Terminal 2/3, follow the ORANGE signs for Coach C.
- Between Hammersmith and Heathrow Terminal 5, follow the GREEN signs for Coach B
- If you’re going to Heathrow Terminal 4, take a coach to Heathrow Terminal 2/3, then change for a free connecting train or bus service using the free service offered.
- For night Tube travel, use Replacement service Bus A.
- Local services will have replacement bus options – see the TfL page
Both Heathrow Express and TfL rail will operate a normal service over the
Coaches will have additional storage for luggage and buggies for passengers needing assistance. Those who are taking wheelchairs, consider taking TfL Rail services instead.
Full details are at Transport for London’s site for the May Bank Holiday Weekend – including other closures occurring at this time.
And it goes without saying – please allow extra time to travel if you were planning on taking the Underground to Heathrow Airport this weekend.
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.