Firstly Happy Fathers Day!
And now, it’s time to look back on the week at Economy Class and Beyond.
Continuing the series “Walking around Birmingham with an iPhone after work”, I’m walking around Birmingham City Centre after a rain storm (as this week has been mostly… well… wet – or to put it another way, I’ve been going home mostly soaked on the walk home
- Heathrow Airport to introduce CT scanning security equipment – Could this spell the end of pulling out laptops and liquid bags out of your bags? Possibly.
- Acro Aircraft seating secure further order from Mango Airlines – another win for Acro Aircraft Seating and their popular Series 3 family
Business of Aviation
- Ryanair to start a Malta-Based operation – Welcome Malta Air (as Ryanair uses its cookie-cutter airline development tool)
- Paris Air Show 2019: What to look forward too – My preview of the Paris Air Show 2019 and what to look forward to.
New Aircraft News
- Air Asia X’s first A330neo takes flight – This A330-900neo will be heading to the Paris Air Show next week. Keep a look out for it
- Japan Airlines takes delivery of its first A350-900 – JAL will be using their A350-900 fleet on domestic operations. They’ll be flying between Haneda and Fukuoka from September.
- Mitsubishi rebrands the MRJ – Welcome the “SpaceJet” – But can it go after the CRJ Market?
- Microsoft Flight Simulator… it’s back!!!! – Time to save up for a AMD Ryzen 9/Intel i9 with a nVida RTX/AMD Navi graphics card, lots of RAM and all the RGB lighting. Lots of promise, but no details or requirements.
It’s Salon Du Bourget week – or to the rest of us – The Paris Air Show 2019.. Whilst I won’t be on the ground at Paris (something about no press accreditation), I will be reporting from the sidelines as the news breaks, with regular daily digests. I’ll be also keeping up on events off the show field.
Until we catch up again – Stay safe out there!
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.