We’ve reached the end of another week at Economy Class and Beyond. Time for a look back at the news, events in routes, passenger experience and a few other things.
It was APEX Expo in Los Angeles this week, with vendors showing off their innovations. Sadly, I couldn’t make this year due to other commitments – but here are some of the headlines that ended up in my inbox.
- Spirit Airlines selects new seats from HAECO and Acro Aircraft Seating – Well done to Acro and HAECO
- Lufthansa and ANA select Zodiac RAVE Ultra IFE system – Wins for the SAFRAN Zodiac IFE system
- SAS and ViaSat extends relationship – further A321neo and A330 aircraft to be fitted – More connectivity in the air
- SITAONAir to add connectivity for Aircalin – and also ANA
- Vistara become launch customer Panasonic ARC and Games – ARC is impressive. I’d love more airlines to roll it out…
Routes and Networks
- Lufthansa to add Ottawa its network – Did you know Ottawa is the Capital of Canada? You do now.
- Cathay Pacific cuts being to bite – Dublin route suspended for winter season (along with other network changes) – The Hong Kong movement is having an effect on Cathay in the way it dreads most – it’s pocket.
New Aircraft News
- Fiji Airways first Airbus A350 rolls out of the paint shop
- Azul takes delivery of the first Embraer E195-E2
British Airways Strike
- British Airways strike is go – 1600 flights cancelled – and there’s more to come with the next strike on the 27th September. The Airline has started cancelling flights already. PLEASE PLAN AHEAD.
Trip Report – Summer Premium Adventures
Apologies this has taken a bit longer than I wanted to push out – writing this has been both a pleasure and a pain with some of the limited time I’ve had recently. The first three parts went out this week – expect more next week
- Singapore and Bangkok with British Airways, Finnair, Qatar Airways and Scoot
- Off to Heathrow, BA Galleries North
- BA762 London Heathrow to Oslo (A321neo)
Expect a flurry of interesting information Wednesday as I am at the Airbus Global Forecast, which there will be full coverage on during the day. As well as that, there are still a few things from APEX Expo I’ll be taking a look at, and of course, the latest in Passenger Experience and Routes news
And maybe some more trip report segments too.
Until we meet again, Happy landings!
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.