I’ve been doing a few segments on Aer Lingus recently. And whilst they’ve been fun and such – they’ve been quietly accumulating Tier Points and Avios in the background.
There is however a minor problem – most of my mileage earning and burning comes from actual flying – not credit card spend
I know. Let that sink in for a minute.
As such I’ve been accumulating Avios and Tier Points with Aer Lingus.
Why? Mainly not to lose out on the Avios. The issue is that I fly on the cheapest fares with Aer Lingus – so these fares would yield nothing in the BA Executive Club Programme.
As such – the tier points are lost.
The Avios on the other hand – they can be merged and moved over
Let’s do a step by step guide.
In this, I’m assuming you wish to merge from AerClub to British Airways Executive Club and not the other way round
1) Log in to your home page. Click the Manage My Account (top left menu) to expand it, then click Combine My Avios
2) You’ll reach this page. Scroll down
3) You’ll eventually see this. Click the Combine My Avios button
I’m merging from AerClub, so I’m going to click Avios Partners
5) You’re then prompted to enter your username and password for Avios
6) Once logged in, you’ll get the balances on both sides. You’ll also be asked which way you want to transfer Avios
7) We’re going to transfer from Avios Partners to British Airways. Enter a balance and press review my transfer.
8) The last chance to back out! If you’re not happy, hit Go Back Step. If you’re happy, hit Confirm Transfer
9) All done! You’ll get a message like this, without your details redacted.
And that’s it. Go back to the home page and scroll down – and you’ll see your most recent transaction
Just do it.
If you have Avios balances outstanding and you manage the accounts, merging Avios balances can create a bigger pot to work from. For the effort of 5 minutes – a larger points and miles pot is a welcome thing to have.
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.