We’ve reached the point of the week, where we have to look back to look forward. Yes, it’s Last Week at Economy Class and Beyond.
Lego Shark do do do do do, Lego Shark do do do do do, Lego Shark do do do do do, Lego Shark! (The Lego Store re-opened in Birmingham this week after quite a break. And there are plenty of bricks… trust me.).
Routes and Networks
- Virgin Atlantic adds more connectivity for Summer 2020 – The A350 fleet spreads its wings next year.
- British Airways sets first Boeing 787-10 route – It’s Atlanta.
- TAP Air Portugal bets big on the A321LR with route expansion – It’s going to be intresting times as the A321LR settles into routes that were comfortably operated by 757s. Which routes will get the neo treatment next?
Sustainability in the Air
- SAS looks towards eco-packaging onboard aircraft – Trying to remove more plastic from the aircraft.
- “Single Use” Phone Re-chargers. Don’t buy them. Please – Seriously – these things are an eco-menace. Don’t buy them please.
Dubai Air Show
The Dubai Air Show has been and gone and there’s plenty to unpack from it still – including the re-emergence of De Havilland of Canada. That needs a bit of digging into – so say the least.
- Dubai Air Show Order Digest – Day 1 and 2
- Dubai Air Show 2019 – Day 3 Digest
- Day 4: Emirates ordered 30 Boeing 787-10 aircraft (not covered).
Trip Report: Taking the Longer Way Home
Well, you should had guessed this trip report was coming. Welcome to Taking the Longer Way Home. Settle in – it’s not long, but it has a number of adventrues in it.
- Taking the Longer Way Home with American Airlines and Finnair – The Introduction
- Off to Heathrow in the dead of the night
- Taking the Longer Way Home: Heathrow Terminal 3 Lounges and Delays
- American Airlines AA99 – London Heathrow to Chicago O’Hare (Main Cabin Extra)
I’m quietly scheming something in the background to keep what shreds of sanity I have (few as they are). Meanwhile, I’ll be continuing the trip report with a lot more in Chicago this week as well as your regular diet of Passenger Experience, routes and networks, new aircraft news and anything else that strikes me as interesting.
Until then – safe travels!
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.