We’re still barrelling towards the Christmas period – but the news and views don’t stop. Let’s look at what caught my eye in Last Week at Economy Class and Beyond
In this week’s “Pictures from an iPhone”, we’re at the Basílica de la Sagrada Família (Basilica of the Holy Family)- The unfinished Basilica that started construction in March 1882. And still “a work in progress”.
Business of Aviation
- Hong Kong Airlines gets a lifeline in the form of a cash injection – I still wonder where they found the money at the back of the sofa for this
- Wizz Air proposes a new airline – Wizz Air Abu Dhabi – Another new LCC out of the Middle East
- SAS Reveals their first Airbus A350 interior – With a Snack Bar on board….
- British Airways updates its catering offering from Gatwick Airport – And there are some impressive offering
New Aircraft news
- SKY (Chile) orders 10 Airbus A321XLR aircraft – Another kick in the Boeing Middle of the Market programme? You bet.
- Air France to add 10 more A350 aircraft to its fleet – Up to 38 frames
- Qantas announces what plane they want to use for Project: Sunrise – And it isn’t an aircraft assembled in Washington State.
- Embraer E175-E2 completes its first flight – And then there were three E2 family aircraft
The Green Agenda
- Birmingham Airport introduces electric powered buses – six more diesel buses off the road…
Taking the Longer Way Home
It’s the end of the trip report, as I wrap it up with another flight and a ride home.
- Finnair AY1335 Helsinki to London Heathrow (Economy Class)
- Coaching Homewards
- Sometimes, It’s more about the Journey
Out of the office
I was out of the office for Saturday. Where did go?
I’ve got a bunch of snapshots from my Barcelona Day-trip coming up, along with some very different passenger experience notes. And as usual, I’ll be keeping an eye on the world of passenger experience, routes and networks as we barrel into the Christmas travel season.
Until then – safe travels!
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.