Emirates is taking Veganuary seriously – with the airline adding a plant-passed food option on its on-board menu for January.
Vegan meals can be pre-booked in all flights and classes normally – but this will be the first time that Emirates is including a readily available vegan option on its menus.
The plant-based meal is available as a fourth main course option in First and Business Class menus on flights from Dubai to USA, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and Addis Ababa.
Emirates is also offering a vegan option in Economy on flights to Addis Ababa this month. On all other routes and across all classes, if you require a Vegan Meal, you can request one along with other special meals up to 24 hours before departure via the Manage My Booking tool.
January’s dishes include:
- Tofu Jalfrezi – a spiced tofu and vegetable stir fry served with steamed wild rice and tandoori broccolini
- Shitake Ravioli served with coriander pesto and edamame
- Ancho three-bean chilli – a spiced vegan stew of peppers and beans served with corn cakes, chimichurri and tofu aioli
- Shitake fried rice served with sautéed asparagus and oyster mushrooms and Marmite sauce
- Misir Wat – an Ethiopian style spicy red lentil stew, served with sautéed spinach and spiced potatoes and carrots
Appealing to more demographics
With Emirates network having all sorts of people from all walks of life, its good to see the airline embracing and adapting menus to tastes and dietary requirements. With the airline serving over 110 million meals on-board each year, it’s interesting to see how the airline adapts to tastes. It regularly celebrates holidays (providing menus and such to celebrate events like Christmas, Thanksgiving and so on).
As the airline adapts to changing tastes – especially those who are trying to go to a plant-based diet – it seems the airline is trying to address a need it sees.
As well as riding a popular event too.
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.