We’ve reached the end of another week and it’s time to look back to the week in aviation in Last Week at Economy Class and Beyond.
Chinese New Year
As we head into the Year of the Rat, airlines have been responding in their own ways.
- Finnair launches a special amenity kit to bring in the New Lunar Year – Considering these were mostly being given out on Chinese routes, there may be an excess of them now…
- Emirates gears up for the Year of the Rat – Emirates brings catering to the New Years party.
- Kung Hei Fat Choi – Entering the Year of the Rat – A greeting from your Writer and Coffee Maker-in-Command.
- Swiss concludes its Airbus A340-300 refurbishment – A fleet of five A340 aircraft have been fitted akin to their Boeing 777-300ER fleet
- Norwegian slam on carry on luggage fees – effective 23rd January – Buying the cheapest fare on Norwegian? Don’t expect to tote you roller-bag along unless you pay extra
- Accor Hotels to shed its use of single use plastics – Another hotel promises to drop plastics.
Business of Aviation
- Owners of LOT Polish Airlines to purchase Condor – It seems that out of the ashes of Thomas Cook, there is a survivor who will become part of the LOT family.
New Aircraft news
- Titan Airways to drop Boeing 757 fleet, switches to the Airbus A321LR – and will also enjoy Acro Aircraft Seating installed on the aircraft
- Airbus to add a new A321 production line in Toulouse – What to do with A380 production space… since there are only a few more to be made? Turn it into an A321 production line
- Boeing’s first 777X takes flight – It might be two days “late” from when it was first meant to fly
A Modelling Day Out
Apologies this trip report is taking more time to publish than I like – the joy of the real world at play at the moment.
- Back to Barcelona El Prat and the Salon Miro Lounge
- BA481 Barcelona El Prat to London Heathrow (CLUB EUROPE)
If I can get more than 10 minutes to myself next week, I’ll hopefully wrap up the Barcelona trip report. On top of that, I’m deep in travel planning the next part of my March/April trip … where I might be buying Premium Economy on long haul legs both ways….as Economy is more than a little expensive.
And as always, I’ll have a selection of news, views and opinions as the week unfolds.
Until then – have a safe Lunar New Year!
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.