Sometimes, The Best Adventures are Shared
A Modelling Day Out
In this madcap day out
- Like I need an excuse to fly for a day out. (I blame my birthday)
- Off to Heathrow
- British Airways Galleries Club, Terminal 3
- BA478 London Heathrow to Barcelona El Prat (Club Europe)
- Into Barcelona on the Aerobús
- Working with a Model on location in Barcelona
- Back to El Prat and the Salon VIP Miro
- BA481 Barcelona to London Heathrow (Club Europe)
- Experiencing Mobility Arrival Services at Heathrow and back up the M40
- Sometimes, The Best Adventures are Shared
Most of you will know I’m more than happy to travel by myself – I’m happy to wander, explore and travel around on my own. And I have no issues with that at all.
I enjoy it to be honest – the only places I have to be are the airports at the right time, to catch a flight from A to B.
But sometimes, it’s nice to share a passion with a friend and introduce them to new ways of experiencing travel – as well as having a model on tap when in Barcelona.
Again – a massive thank you to Rosie who joined me for this madcap trip. You can find out more about here on her Instagram feed
Time for some one-liners to wrap up this trip report
Heathrow POD Parking – If you’re using T5, it’s a great time-saver if you need to be close to the terminal and a reasonable experience when using it. But book in advance to get the best price!
British Airways Galleries Business Lounge, Terminal 3 – Surprisingly passable in terms of British Airways lounges. Certainly not the best lounge in Terminal 3 compared to the Cathay Pacific, but better than the American Airlines lounge.
British Airways Short Haul – A crew can make or break a flight. Whilst the outbound crew were operating “a flight”, the inbound crew were paying close attention to the passenger experience, and caring for a passenger who needed assistance. Top marks there. And whilst the Pinnacle seats need to be re-pitched, the soft service offerings were more than passable.
Oh, and ditch that safety video, please.
Barcelona Airport Non-Schengen Miro lounge – Pretty on the outside and inside, but the food and beverage offerings are lacking in my opinion.
Heathrow Assistance services – For services that were booked with the barest of notices, they were professional and helpful – helping my friend navigate through the airport when she needed help the most.
And that is your lot for this trip report.
Thank you for sticking through to the end of this trip report – hopefully – the next ones will be a lot less spaced out!
Next… well… umm… hmm.
I’m starting 2020 under more of a cloud than I like – I’ll be honest. Things in my end of real world have not been the greatest (especially if you’ve read some my musings on Twitter).
But for now, the travel game goes on. On my radar:
- Hamburg: I’m out there for Aircraft Interiors Expo and The Passenger Experience Conference.
- Chicago: Straight after Hamburg, I’m over in Chicago. How I’m getting there is turning into a total omnishambles (but it will involve a new hotel!).
- Dublin: More Sprinkles of on a Donut in Dublin.
Not only, but also!
As we’re in a rather quiet spot, I’m picking up some of my Travel Technology Reviews. Look out for some of the following over the next few weeks…
- The Microsoft Surface Go – life in the field with Microsoft’s smallest tablet. Can it deal with some of the workloads or should you save for a “proper” Surface
- Life with the EOS R: One Year On – Some stories from the front line with the EOS R, me and some things I’ve learned about it over the the time I’ve had it. If you’re considering the jump from
Life throws more than one curveball some days. It’s how we all move on from those curveballs and things that make us who we are.
And how we don’t let those curveballs define us.
Until we meet again in the review pages – stay safe.
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.
Follow me on Twitter at @EconomyBeyond for the latest updates! You can also follow me on Instagram too!
Also remember that as well as being part of BoardingArea, we’re also part of BoardingArea.eu, delivering frequent flyer news, miles and points to the European reader.