Finnair is making a number of moves to improve the passenger experience as it resumes more flights – including reopening a lounge, expanding in-flight services and introducing a passenger “Clean-Kit“.
Finnair will re-open its lounge in the Schengen area Helsinki Airport (near Gate 22) from the 1st July.
Finnair Schengen Lounge – Image, Economy Class and Beyond.
The lounge will be open from 6 am until 10 am and from 2 pm until 8 pm with a limited selection of Food and Beverages.
The lounge services will be operated with reduced capacity and extra cleaning to support high hygiene standards.
The Non-Schengen Lounges are still closed – as such, customers who are going on a non-Schengen flight and are eligible for lounge access may use the lounge.
There are improvements to the inflight service, with the following changes planned for July and August
Domestic flights in Finland
- Complimentary coffee, tea, juice and water will be offered.
Stockholm Arlanda, St Petersburg and Riga
- In Business Class, a normal sandwich and beverage service will be offered.
- In Economy Class, complimentary coffee, tea, juice and water is available.
Copenhagen, Gothenburg, Oslo, Moscow, Berlin, Hamburg, Warsaw and Vilnius
- In Business Class, beverages and a hot meal on a tray with one main course option will be offered.
- In Economy Class, complimentary coffee, tea, juice and water and a cookie will be offered. No options for special diets will be made available.
Edinburg, Dublin, Manchester, London, Madrid, Barcelona, Malaga, Rome, Prague, Brussels, Budapest, Dusseldorf, Frankfurt, Munich, Vienna, Paris, Geneva and Zurich
- In Business Class, we serve beverages and a hot meal on a tray with one main course option.
- In Economy Class, you can enjoy complimentary coffee, tea, juice and water and a cheese sandwich will be offered. No options for special diets will be made available.
Split, Heraklion, Rhodes, Palma de Mallorca, Dubrovnik, Alanya and Crete
- We serve you complimentary coffee, tea, juice and water and a cheese sandwich.
- In Business Class, in the first service, the airline offers a simplified three-course meal on a tray with limited options. For the second service, we serve you a hot breakfast or a lighter meal, depending on your route.
- In Economy Class, in the first service, a have a hot meal with one main course option will be offered. For the second service, the airline will serve you breakfast, a light meal or a sandwich, depending on your route. A limited beverage selection is available together with the meals.
Passenger “Clean Kit”
Finnair will launch a new “Clean Kit” that will be distributed to all passengers from the beginning of July. The kit contains hand sanitiser, surface wipes, an information leaflet and is packaged within an envelope that acts as a waste container.
The kit has a special sustainable focus and features artwork by Finnish artist Reeta Ek. The paper product has been sourced using sustainable Finnish forestry fibres and the hand sanitiser has been supplied by Kyrö distillery, who is perhaps best known for their award-winning gin. Kyrö pivoted to providing hand sanitiser to the healthcare industry when the pandemic first started.
Note that wearing of masks by all passengers and crew will continue to be mandatory throughout the entire journey (except when dining). Passengers are asked to prepare enough masks for their journey through a limited supply is available onboard if required in exceptional circumstances.
Reductions in hand luggage size
It seems Finnair would rather you check your luggage in rather than carry it on board, with the new dimensions of hand luggage are 55x40x23cm (old dimension 56x45x25cm). Economy class tickets include one hand luggage and a small personal item with dimensions of 40x30x15cm.
The total weight of hand luggage and personal belongings may not exceed 8 kg in Economy Class. Business-class tickets include two hand luggage and one personal item, such as a handbag, with a total weight of up to 10 kg.
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.