It’s that time of the week where we look back at some of the things that have happened in the world. Yes, it’s Last Week at Economy Class and Beyond.
Please allow the Ducks through – Earlswood Lakes, Birmingham.
UK adds more countries to its Quarantine list
- The UK FCO Updates its travel advice: France, Netherlands and others will require quarantine on return to the UK – If you’re reading this now, you’re in France and are returning or planning to visit the UK, add a 14-day self-isolation when you enter the country. Time to pen angry letters to Boris and co if you’re affected.
- Emirates continues its network ramp-up – The A380 is coming back to Toronto, along with growth to Pakistan
- Emirates adds Birmingham, Cebu and Houston back to its network – And three more destinations
- KLM to add Poznan to its network – KLM’s fifth destination to Poland
- Qatar Airways boosts its Pakistan and USA Networks – Pakistan returns to normal traffic levels, whilst Houston returns
- Qatar Airways to add London Gatwick back to its network – Now up to four UK gateways
- Wizz Air to set up a new base at Doncaster Sheffield Airport – Wizz Air UK opens its second base in Doncaster
- Lufthansa presents its second upcycling collection – I really wanted that wingtip fence table. Oh well.
The world continues to be in flux, with threats of a local lockdown where I am in the offing, governments randomly putting up new quarantine blocks and so on. However, airlines are starting to gear up for more routes and network launches.
As time goes on, I’ll continue to report on them.
Until then – stay safe.
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.