As we end the last Bank Holiday of the year in England, it must be time for Last Week at Economy Class and Beyond.
Pride in its many colours. Covering all colours of the rainbow – The Arcadian, Birmingham.
FCO Travel Corridor Updates
- UK FCO updates the quarantine list – three new countries added – Czech Republic, Switzerland and Jamaica added.
Routes and Networks
- Qatar Airways continues its network rebuild, to serve over 85 destinations – Still growing
- Virgin Atlantic plans to launch services to Pakistan – An interesting route launch, taking on BA and PIA
- Emirates to add Bangkok and Lusaka back to their network – Two more routes back in the Emirates network
Wear a Face Mask
- Lufthansa Group tightens restrictions on face coverings – Medical Certificates, with negative PCR tests will be required
- Virgin Atlantic to offer COVID-19 insurance cover – Additional insurance cover to boost travel confidence
- Wizz Air signs a major seating contract with Recaro Aircraft Seating – A lot of SL3710 seats are heading to Wizz Air.
- Eurostar confirms return journeys from Amsterdam to start in October – One-seat rides to and from Amsterdam will become a thing.
- Enter the Arterio – The name for South Western Railways new commuter trains – Seriously… Arterio?
- Laptop Bench Test: The Dell Latitude 5400 – Can Mediocre Do the Job? – Mediocre Laptop… but powerful enough?
It’s a Bank Holiday Weekend in England – so things are going to be a little quieter next week. However, with airlines changing their strategies as COVID-19 continues to ravage across the industry. Only time will tell what comes.
Stay safe until next week!
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.