We’re into October, or March the 231st it feels.
Time for Last Week at Economy Class and Beyond
A wet dove in wetter days – St Thomas’s Peace Gardens, Birmingham
Editors note: Yes. I’ve been migrating servers still. And it has been a headache, to put it bluntly – with long days and 2 am finishes. That and I’ve spent the weekend recovering rather than catching up with posts. All being well, life will return to normal next week.
Whatever accounts for normal these days.
UK FCDO update
- UK Travel Corridor Update: Poland and Turkey to join the isolation list – three more counties are removed from the travel corridor list. It’s as almost if Boris doesn’t want anyone to leave the country or something.
Routes and Networks
- Air France plans 50% operations in November and December – Expect the network to be served, but frequencies to be dropped
- Wizz Air to add two new routes to Birmingham – Wizz Air continues to grow.
- GE Aviation gains FAA certification for their 777X engine – another step of the Boeing 777X programme takes shape.
- Qatar Airways to use Honeywell’s UV Cleaning solution – More methods to clean the interior of an aircraft.
- JetBlue to offer At-home pre-flight COVID-19 testing – If you’re travelling JetBlue, you can pay for tests.
- American Airlines to trial COVID-19 testing – American Airlines is trying three different strategies for its COVID-19 testing to get people travelling again
As things start to settle back down for me, hopefully, I’ll have more than a few minutes to look at a computer, read stories and present content. I’m also just around the corner of kicking off the latest (and possibly only) trip report of the year.
Until then, please wear a mask when out and about and stay safe.
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.