It’s Sunday again, and I’ve pretty much have had the worst week off work in years. None-the-less, we all need entertainment – so it’s time for Last Week at Economy Class and Beyond.
- Germany imposes extra controls on UK Citizens arriving into the country (with others) – Germany is imposing addition reactions. More Quarantining and testing required.
- UK Government/FCDO updates its travel corridors list – one on, four off this week.
Business of Aviation
- Cathay Pacific to dissolve Cathay Dragon, makes further cuts – After 35 years of existence, Cathay Dragon is no more as its rolled into Cathay Pacific and HK Express.
New Aircraft News
- Airbus delivers its first US Manufactured A220 to Delta – An A220-300 made in Mobile, AL heads off to Atlanta to become part of the Delta fleet.
- Emirates restores its onboard bar, as well as improves passenger experience – The true roof-top bar returns as a takeaway. And the full Emirates catering service returns.
Routes and Networks
- Singapore Airlines to return to New York – It seems Singapore Airlines thinks there’s traffic to be had between Singapore and New York JFK, with a three-times a week service due to spin up.
- Virgin Atlantic adds Manchester – Mumbai/Delhi services – Virgin Atlantic is chasing after new markets
A Change of Scenery
I’ve been a little bit more active in writing this trip report this week – as I’ve had some time between the office asking me for stuff on my week off. Four segments for you this week.
- LH959 Birmingham Airport to Frankfurt Airport
- Entering Germany
- The Frankfurt Airport XXL Tour
- Into Frankfurt… and a CurryWurst
I’m back in my normal pod in an office next week, looking at laptops looking at me, helpdesk queries and no doubt, a sky-high pile of email and trans messages to look forward too.
In the quieter minutes, I will be doing the usual thing I do here – keeping up to date with the interesting headlines, adding commentary and writing something some might find good.
For now, stay safe, wear a mask and I’ll see you next week
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.