It’s that time of the week again where I bemoan the cost of new glasses and ponder about what I missed writing about this week.
Yes, it’s Last Week at Economy Class and Beyond.
- Dublin Airport to open two COVID-19 testing areas – LAMP and PCR testing available at Dublin Airport.
- American Airlines, British Airways and oneworld launch transatlantic COVID-19 testing trial – Three levels of testing… enough to convince governments to re-open?
- Gatwick Airport launches COVID-19 testing services – £60 for passengers, £99 for everyone else.
- Lufthansa Group finally succumbs to deploying “buy on board” on short-haul services – Well, that has taken long enough. Coming in 2021
- Delta Air Lines to extend seat blocking policy – Extended to end of March 2021
- KLM to use Recaro’s SL3710 economy class seat on Boeing and Embraer Aircraft – Lightweight seats coming to KLM’s fleet
Strike Action Ahead
- Heathrow Airport workers plan four days of strike action – expect disruption in December.
Travel Corridors Update
- UK Travel Corridors – Eight Countries added, none removed – More countries to be added, but don’t expect reciprocity.
Not Covered (It’s been more than a busy week)
- US FAA Lifts Boeing 737 MAX Grounding – so it finally happens – https://www.faa.gov/news/updates/?newsId=93206
- Norwegian subsidiaries file for Bankruptcy protection – The airline continues to teeter on the edge – https://media.uk.norwegian.com/pressreleases/norwegian-initiates-a-reorganisation-plan-with-its-daughter-companies-norwegian-air-international-and-arctic-aviation-assets-seeking-protection-dot-dot-dot-3052095
- American Airlines drops more fees – http://news.aa.com/news/news-details/2020/Flexibility-Without-the-Fee-American-Airlines-Eliminates-Change-Fees-on-International-Tickets-OPS-POL-11/default.aspx
Things in KevinLand continue to be “non-stop” (says he who is expecting to lift a bunch more new laptops into the office next week). But as time allows, I’ll be covering my mixture of news and reviews… and I do have reviews starting next week.
Including this laptop that unfortunately made its way into my labs.
Until then, stay safe.
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.