It’s the 29th November. We’re nearing the end of a very long year… that feels like it’s still the middle of March.
So it’s probably the 258th of March. Or something like that. Welcome to Last Week at Economy Class and Beyond.
Am I still swamped to hell? You bet I am. Am I shooting photos on Saturday evening and realising I haven’t got a photo for the blog until the last minute? That’s not even a question. I’ve got a quiet prayer that things might return to some sense of normality next week. Although after a six-day week, I’m not holding my breath.
- UK Travel Corridors Update: Lots of additions, two removals – Although some of the places being added to the list are a little… distant.
- Breaking down the UK “Test to release” Quarantine strategy – Some good things, but if you want to get out quarantine early, expect to pay.
- Singapore Airlines updates their regional catering options – New Regional Catering Options from Singapore Airlines, with a bit of substantiality built in mind
- Iberia to restore meal services and reopen lounge – Returning to near normality for Iberia.
Routes and Networks
- Emirates to boost Airbus A380 operations to the UK – More WhaleJets flock back to the UK
New Aircraft News
- Biman Bangladesh Airlines takes delivery of a new De Havilland Dash-8 Q400 – A new Dash-8 Q400 heads off to Biman.
- Laptop Bench Test: Lenovo L590 – A Compromise Too Far? – I’ve reviewed and used many computers in the past. The Lenovo L590 will be one I happily will pass onto someone else to use. For people I don’t like.
As England edges towards exiting lockdown next week, things are changing, with updated tiers coming in (with most of the country in tier 2/tier 3), as well as Christmas travel rules announced. It’ll be interesting to see carriers add capacity as needed for this important time of the year.
As for me? I’ll be busy as usual, so come back for more fun and games during the week.
Until then – stay safe and wear a mask, please!
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.